5 October 2018
Prima Power Laserdyne announces software upgrade, providing laser processing improvements
Prima Power Laserdyne System 94P Software version 2.5.1 is designed to reduce part cycle-times, improve efficiency and provide additional capability for laser welding, drilling and cutting processes.
- SmartComp™ addition to the Smart Techniques™ corrects for part placement and part variation when processing rotary parts on a vertical axis.
- Enhanced support for OFC2 Absolute™ software and hardware making it easier to keep the nozzle properly spaced from the part surface for optimal laser welding, drilling, cutting and processing performance.
- Enhance crash protection when using OFC and AFC for large holes and gaps within the part.
- Provide additional enhanced real time precise control of the pulses being sent to the workpiece.
- Shortens overall processing time when there are large gaps between holes, cuts and weld features.
The S94P Software has new programming capability including support for trigonometry functions for angles. Also, spiral patterns are more easily defined using the PosiPulse™ technique to drill or cut spiral features. Calculating the X-Y-Z position of each hole is no longer required.
The new software also provides enhanced support for factory automation and real-time machine updates with MTConnect and an interface agent connecting LASERDYNE machines to factory ERP systems. The software is, as always, available free to current Prima Power Laserdyne system users with S94P controllers.